4 Oct 2023

Madhya Pradesh: Over 100 Students Of LNIPE Gwalior Suffer From Food Poisoning; 2 Dozen Admitted In ICU

Gwalior: More than 100 students of Laxmibai National Institute of Physical Education (LNIPE) located in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, have fallen ill. Actually all of them have suffered from food poisoning. At the same time, due to the critical condition of more than two dozen students, they have been admitted to the ICU.

Students had taken food in the mess 

All these students had taken food in the mess of the institute last Tuesday afternoon. When their health started deteriorating shortly after having meal, they were taken to the newly built 1000 bed hospital. But when so many students did not get a place in the medicine ward, the students were forced to lie down on the slab made in the hospital's lab and on the ground, where their treatment was started.

According to the doctors treating them, all these students are suffering from food poisoning. Seeing their condition, all the students were first admitted to the medicine ward. But then the condition of about two dozen of these students was worse. Therefore they have been shifted to ICU.

Investigation ordered

On the incident, LNIPE Registrar Amit Yadav informed that the students have suffered food poisoning. In such a situation, orders have been given to conduct a thorough investigation of the food prepared in the mess. The investigation is continuing.

According to Hospital Superintendent Dr. RKS Dhakad, more than 100 students have complained of food poisoning. They who are currently admitted to the hospital, their treatment is going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment