Breaking

3 Feb 2021

Controversial tweet on modi: government says to twitter follow the guidelines or we take strict action on you




The government had instructed Twitter to suspend 250 accounts on tweeting with the controversial hashtag against PM Modi amidst the farmer movement but these accounts became active again. Now the government has issued a notice in this regard to Twitter and said that the farmer should follow his order to close the tweeting account related to the massacre. If this is not done then legal action can be taken against him.


The government notice stated, 'The #ModiPlanningFarmerGenocide hashtag was used to incite people, spread hatred and was also factually incorrect. This was a campaign to create tension in the society. Abetment to genocide is not freedom of expression. This is a threat to law and order.


The notice further reads, 'Violence occurred on Republic Day in Delhi. Despite the government ordering the disputed tweeting accounts to be blocked, Twitter re-activated these accounts on its own. '


The notice clearly states that Twitter is bound to obey the government's directives. If he does not do so, he will invite legal action against him.


Let me tell you that last week the Ministry of Electronics and IT instructed Twitter to block about 250 tweets / twitter accounts. The ministry said that these accounts were using the hashtag #ModiPlanningFarmerGenocide on January 30. Along with this, he was also throwing fake, intimidating and provocative tweets. 

No comments:

Post a comment

Pages